analytics

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Slumber party? Yay!

Someone told me today that I should become a slumber party hostess.

At first, I was like HELL YEAH! I'll host a slumber party!

My little 35 year old brain reverted right back to age 13...

I was mentally scrolling through my 80's music collection for the perfect song to do a lip synch performance to. Dibs on Let's Get Physical!

In my head, my Caboodle was fully stocked with blue eye shadow and cherry red lip gloss for makeovers.

I could just picture the tshirts we would puffy paint. They would say: Girly Bitz Girls Rock! Totally awesome!

I was even trying to remember where I put my leg warmers (you CAN NOT do a proper ONJ lip synch without leg warmers).

And then she told me what she actually meant...
'Oh. You meant that kind of slumber party. Grody! Like seriously. Gag me.'

I don't think I need to tell you that I was super disappointed.

But, also a little flattered. I mean, I wish I could be that sexy.
Hosting a slumber party? Omg, I'm already blushing.
(teeheehee)

Times are hard (giggity) and all, but I just don't know if I could pull it off.
Maybe if selling the cat hoarder's 'stray' cats on craigslist doesn't work out, I'll consider it.

Man, I was so ready for the lip synch contest. I have sweat bands, peeps. Sweat bands.
(sigh)
Guess I'll have to hang on to them in hopes that someday I will be able to share my super hot ONJ routine with the world.

Oh, and in case you're wondering...it's Olivia Newton John. Although you should totally have known that.

Since you won't be able to see my sexy ONJ dancetastic routine, wanna see something even sexier?
Go here to see probably the sexiest flashback photo you'll ever see. Seriously.
I do think you're sexy, Mr. Stewart.

2 comments:

  1. Bah ha ha - I rmember the Stewart post, that was a good one.

    ONJ lip synching would be completely totally awesome - I remember doing a tiffany lip synch (and dance, of course) to "I think we're alone now", in grade three for a talent contest. I didn't win (bastards gave it to a girl that played a song on the piano... c'mon people, I was multi-tasking!).

    Anyway.... dtill thinking we should get on the road trip bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't grown women have slumber parties anyway? I mean, the kind you thought she was talking about initially. I actually went to one several years ago with a friend. We had a blast! There were about 15 of us there. We talked about boys (our hubbies or BF's). Whined about stuff. Gossiped. Drooled over our fave celeb hotties. Talked trash about some people. Ate tons of junk food. It was awesome. I would totally do it again, given the opportunity. And if I do, we're totally gonna do the ONJ lip synch. Fer sure.

    Life is short. We need a little girly fun in our lives, no?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...