analytics

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Share a Spoon and some other stuff.


First things first.
I'm calling out the Blogfia, as are many others. Our peep, Daffy is going through a really hard time right now.


Please go over to her pond and let her know you are thinking about her. She needs all the prayers and support she can get.
Thanks.


On with today's regular programming...
Adrienzgirl over at Think Tank Momma started this little recipe exchange on Thursdays. Share a Spoon. This week's theme is grilling recipes.
If you have a good recipe for the grill or want to get some, go check her out.

I have a recipe for Tandoori Chicken for all my Indian food lovers out there. I have to tell you that I haven't tasted it yet.
MB and I were supposed to grill it today but he crashed after his 24 hour shift and there was no grilling in the Girly Bitz household. (sigh)
We will actually be trying this tomorrow. I'll update you and let you know what we think. I'm pretty sure it's going to be good though.
I have a delish recipe for Indian Lentil and Vegetable Stew that I'm making with it. If you want that, email me and I'll be happy to send it to you.
Enjoy.

Tandoori Chicken
6 boneless breast halves
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Pierce breasts several times with a fork and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and spices and mix well.
Add the chicken and turn so all pieces are coated. Cover and chill at least one hour or overnight.
Preheat the grill.
Grill approx. 15 minutes, turning once until thoroughly cooked.

***FYI: The new fatness blog is up and running. Please come over and offer your support. Girly BLitz. I'd love to see you over there. :)

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YUM YUM YUM. I can always use fabulous recipes for chicken. This sounds amazing!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, this sounds fabuloso! (I'm not up to date with my Indian or I would have thrown out a great Indian word here)!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you so much for this recipe. Now if I can only get my husband to eat Indian food I will be all set.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...