analytics

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Minute: Snort Edition



Ian over at Ian's Daily Dose of Reality is dedicating his Monday Minute to Daffy this week. If you don't know Daffy, please go check her out here. Make sure you give her some love. She needs it as she had to say a final goodbye to her sister this weekend. We all love her and have been keeping her in our hearts.
So, in honor of her, I'm here playing along with the Snort Edition of Ian's Monday Minute. You should too.

1 - Do you *snort*?
Sometimes I do. I'm really a giggler. I've been compared to Betty Rubble of The Flintstones.

2 - Our friend, has a nickname and it's Daffy. What's your nickname?
I've been called a lot of things, by many an angry patient. Fat Bitch. Stupid Bitch. It's really a 'build you up' kind of a job.

3 - Do you know sign language?
I do not. But, I do know how to overcompensate for that by speaking really loudly and enunciating very carefully. It's how I speak foreign languages also. It's a skill.

4 - What's a sample convo from your hood?
Just today, I heard something I have never heard in the emergency room before. I had a patient who had been waiting for a psych bed for 2 days and was getting a little antsy. He started grumbling to himself in his room so that we could all hear - "Oh man, come on. This is fuckin crazy. What the fuck is going on? I'm sitting in here getting crusty. I'm tired of this. Yo. What the fuck are you keeping me for?" Crusty? What does that even mean?!

5 - Do you sleep with electronic devices - i.e. laptop, Blackberry, iPhone, etc?
I put my Blackberry on vibrate and...oh wait. I mean, no. No, I do not sleep with my phone.

I have a question for you all.
I visited Salt today over at Salt Says and she was talking about crabs. No, not that kind. The yummy kind.
You people are sick. And possibly very contagious.

Anylittlecombs, she was asking if anyone else enjoyed Maryland crabs. I happen to be from Maryland and do love Maryland crabs.

However, I am unlike all my family and friends and pretty much everyone else in my hometown who isn't me, in that I can not pick a crab.

If you don't know what that means, go here.

AnyOldBay, I remember sitting at the table with my family when I was a kid. There would be a pile of crabs (sometimes freshly caught) on the table and everyone would be picking and eating them. I would beg for some of that delicious meat but would be denied every time.
Every time.

They said they would give me nothing unless I picked it myself.
Heartless.
I was forced to fend for myself and usually ended up with a pbj.
A pbj.
Crappy comparison to melt in your mouth crab meat.

Anybestseasoningever, this all leads me to my question for you. It's a play off of Salt's question about enjoying Maryland crabs.

Here we go:
Do you know of the awesomeness that is Old Bay Seasoning?
Also, what is your favorite food to put Old Bay on besides crabs?

Mine is corn on the cob. Mmmmmm.

So, chime in. I'm dying to know how many non-Marylanders can appreciate this oh-so-perfect seasoning. I was really surprised to learn how many people had never had it once I left Maryland.

2 comments:

  1. Well obviously since I am a Marylander through and through I love Old Bay on pretty much anything. Corn on the cob is a definite yes! I also recommend it on grilled asparagus and mac and cheese!

    When I lived in California, the first thing I had to locate when I found a new grocery store to shop at was the Old Bay. I think no one ever bought it except for me...the display was always untouched! Honestly, I'm shocked they had it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it on French Fries and Shrimp!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...