analytics

Monday, January 1, 2018

Promises, promises

     As I welcome the new year, I am taking a thorough inventory of my life.  I am carefully examining the relationships I have, the joys I find and the challenges I face.  In doing this. I realize there are a lot of things I want for myself. These are not so much resolutions as they are promises.  I have neglected myself for too long, believing I was not worthy.  That has to end.  For all of us. We all deserve to be happy.  We deserve the promise of joy, love and hope.  We deserve the promise of investing in ourselves because that will change everything. 

     So, in 2018, I have decided to promise myself the following things...

     To be healthy.  Not just to lose weight, but to be healthy.  I promise to be more mindful of what I am putting into my body.  I promise to be more mindful of how I am treating my body and soul.  I promise to exercise because I know I will feel better.  I promise to do yoga because I know it will help me relax and establish a stronger connection to my body and soul.  I promise to walk more with my dogs because they deserve my time.

     To be grateful.  I have many blessings in my life but I still choose to focus on the negative more often than not.  It's easier. I promise to change that way of thinking and focus more on the positive in each and every moment.  When that is too difficult to find, I promise to focus on solutions rather than problems.  When that is too difficult, I promise to walk away.

     To be frugal.  There is not much that I want or need in my life yet I continue to convince myself otherwise, thus spending unnecessarily.  I promise to be more mindful of this.  I promise to focus on reducing debt.  I promise to focus on having less and living more.

     To be myself.  And to be okay with that.  I am who I am.  I am kind, honest, loving and sometimes funny. I like bluegrass music, horror movies and dogs of all kinds.  Despite my clothing size, I have nothing to be ashamed of.  I am worthy.

     To let go.  And to be okay with that.  In the coming months, I will have to leave a job I love because it will just not work for me as I continue my education.  It has been a difficult decision.  It will be a difficult goodbye. I promise that I will let go and move on because that is what is best for me at this time in my life.

     To be happy.  Surrounding myself with positive people who make me feel good.  To share good times, laughter and fun.  To do things that I find rewarding.  

     To write. I miss this.  There have been excuses and reasons but there really aren't any that make sense.  There is no reason to give up something I love.  I promise to write. 

     New year.  New beginnings.  New promises.  New hope.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...