analytics

Saturday, July 21, 2012

No title seems appropriate.


This morning, my coworker was reading stories of the tragedy in Aurora, particularly accounts from some of the victims.  Her focus was on how much of a coward someone was.  How this particular victim didn't respond in the way she felt he should have to protect his family.  She went on to bash him and his actions, without thinking twice. 

I was offended, but I kept my mouth shut.  I had no intention of arguing with her and diminishing the suffering of the vicitms in any way.  I was offended because I don't think we should be judging the actions of anyone who was a victim in this tragedy.  I don't know what I would've done in that situation.  I don't know how I would have reacted.  I am certainly not going to judge anyone else for how they reacted.   

I really have nothing else to say.  I think Travis has said it best and I encourage you to go read his post.  He has opened himself up to anyone who needs to talk about tragedy.  I would like to offer the same.  If you need to reach out and you aren't sure where to turn, please email me. 

My heart goes out to all the victims, their families and all the emergency responders.  I wish you all the courage, strength and hope you will need to make sense of this and go on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...