analytics

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Keeping the love alive since...wait, how long have we been together?

While eating Indian food yesterday, MB and I were discussing what to do if Skye ever needed a doggie wheelchair. I'll spare you the details, but it was a heartbreaking conversation.
Of course, I had tears in my eyes by the time we were standing at the counter, paying our bill.

MB: Oh my God. You're crying.

Me: I am not. I'm fine.

MB: Just put your sunglasses on. I don't want to see you cry.

Me: Nice. And, I'm not crying. I'm fine.

MB: Oh yeah? Marley and Me.

Me: You're the devil! (putting sunglasses on as tears now stream down my face)

..................................................................................

Today, MB was trying to be funny by going into the spare room, where my wedding dress happens to be hanging. He thinks it's hilarious to pretend he's going to go look at it. It drives me crazy. The secrecy of the dress is one tradition I'm holding on to.

MB: I think I need to go in here and take inventory.

Me: (running to block him) WHAT?!?!? There is nothing you need in this room.

MB: I just need to take inventory. What's in this closet?

Me: (shoving him back out the door) Nothing is in there. Why don't we go in the hallway?

MB: But I have OCD. I have to know what's in there. See, I'm getting the shakes. You have to let me in there.

Me: You don't have OCD. You're not shaking and you don't need to go in there.

MB: Fine. How do you plan on stopping me when you're at work?

Me: It's called trust.

MB: That's just stupid. I made the pup wear your dress last night.

Me: Uh...that's weird.

MB: What? I like to make her wear your clothes. Then, I take pictures of her. It's cute.

This is where I roll my eyes and walk away.


..................................................................................


Last week, we had an argument about a band saw that MB used to own.

MB: You owe me a band saw.

Me: Why would I owe you a band saw? That's dumb.

MB: Because I went to use my band saw today and those stupid squirrels destroyed it. The squirrels you told me not to get rid of. You owe me a band saw.

Me: I told you those squirrels had made a nest in your band saw box and that you couldn't disturb them because they may have babies in there.

MB: Uh huh. What was I supposed to do if I actually needed to use my band saw?

Me: Borrow one.

MB: BUT I OWN ONE!!!!!

Me: Not anymore.


................................................................................


MB just came in the room as I was writing this post. Skye is lying on the floor beside me.

Me: Hey baby. What are you doing?

MB: Coming to tickle you and also pet my new best friend.

Me: Your new best friend?

MB: Yeah. The pup and I are bonding. Remember our walk yesterday, pup? That's right. Mommy's out. Daddy's in.

Me: Mommy isn't out. I'm still her favorite.

MB: Mommy's boring and vanilla. Daddy's exciting and caliente.

This is where the pup rolls her eyes and walks away. That is why she's Mommy's girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...