analytics

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Share a Spoon: Baked pineapple and Corn pudding.



Hi peeps!
I'm joining Think Tank Momma for her Share a Spoon Thursday. The theme is Thanksgiving sides. Yum.

In my family, there are three tables full of food. There is the turkey and about a hundred sides. This includes a ham, a plate of fried oysters, dumplings, mashed potatoes, green beans, peas, pickles, rolls, deviled eggs, corn pudding, baked pineapple, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing and two kinds of gravy.

The dessert table includes two chocolate pies, one banana cream pie, one pumpkin pie, one apple pie, sometimes a sweet potato pie and an applesauce spice cake.

Is it any wonder I have a problem with food?

Keep in mind that the original Thanksgiving table was home to close to 30 people. As people have passed and whatnot, the table has become home to maybe 10 people. The amount of food hasn't changed though. Not one bit.

Anywaytoomuchfood, I would like to share my two favorite sides from the table of plenty. I may have shared them before, but I'm still going to share them.

Baked Pineapple

5 slices of bread
4 eggs
1 stick softened margarine
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 (16oz) can crushed pineapple

Dice the bread and put in a baking dish. Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the bread. Let set for 1/2 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.

Corn Pudding

2 cups corn
1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 stick margarine

Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix well. Pour into a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

I was going to share my Mom's sweet potato casserole but there are already a lot of sweet potato recipes posted and I can't find the recipe.

Both of these recipes are super easy and delicious. I've tried to make healthier, low fat versions, but they just don't taste the same to me. Feel free to try it though!

2 comments:

  1. Meh...Thanksgiving is the one day a year we don't concern ourselves with low fat anything. These sound uber yummy. I have been looking for a great corn recipe! So glad you Shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two recipes I have never tried...I may give them a go. We are all alone this year for turkey day and I was thinking of new ways to make it fun...what better way than a new recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...