analytics

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The fatness.


It's weigh in time again. Actually, it was yesterday, but I was slacking yesterday, so here it is today.
And the scale says...197.8. Down 3.4 from last week and 3.2 overall.
Not too shabby.
Of course, I was looking back over this weight loss journey and I wasn't too happy with what I saw.
I started blogging about being less fat in December. December 5th was my first weigh in. Basically, I have been playing around with the same 3 or 4 pounds since then.
Five months.
Ugh.
I really haven't been committed to this whole thing, have I?
I'm not going to sit here and gab about how I'm going to start doing all the things I'm supposed to do. I'm just going to do them. You will see the results next week.
If you don't, feel free to throw me into a pit of lima beans and make me eat my way out. That'll force me to eat my veggies.
Anyweigh, onward and downward!
Here's a little recipe for you. Enjoy!
Spring Asparagus and Lemon Fettucine
1/2 pound uncooked fettucine
2 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
1 pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 large egg
1 cup fat free half and half
1 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water
1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp lemon zest (I left this out)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (I used approx 1/4 tsp)
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep hot.
Meanwhile, place butter and olive oil in a large skillet and melt over medium heat. Add asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus begins to brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg and half and half, add to skillet used to cook the asparagus. Place skillet over medium heat, add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove skillet from heat. Add pasta, asparagus and remaining ingredients to skillet. Stir to combine and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...