analytics

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Divalicious D&D

So, I have a little secret. It's kind of a shameful thing to admit. For a super hip hot chick like myself, anyway (Ha!).

You see, I decided to share my life with a gamer. That's right. MB is a gamer. He likes all sorts of nerdy things.
I accept that. I even love that about him. He has many sides. My beefcake firefighting gamer nerd.

Plus, it keeps him away from the strip clubs.

Anywarlock, MB is into D&D. Yep. Dungeons and Dragons.

Shocked?
Who wouldn't be?
I mean, I am the epitome of cool. Who would guess that an ultra awesome, 80's loving, cupcake eating MTV fan like myself would choose to be seen with a D&D playing nerd?

Haters, that's who!

There is no hating on Girly Bitz, people!
Unless it is directed towards cat hoarders, jackass neighbors, stupid punk kids, pajama wearing grocery shoppers...well, okay there is hating on Girly Bitz.

Anywizard, don't hate on D&D!

I know it's a lot to ask. I was a huge D&D hater. It took MB 5 years to wear me down.

I'm still not sure how he did it. Either I was super drunk when he asked me, or it went like this:
MB: Hey, you wanna play Dungeons and Dragons with me on Saturday?
Me: (elbow deep in dirty dishes while also feeding the dog, cooking dinner, whipping up a delicious dessert, paying bills and sewing a button on MB's pants) Huh? I'm kind of busy baby. What do you want me to do?
MB: You wanna go next Saturday or what?
Me: (now cleaning up after the dog, frosting the delicious dessert, mailing the bills and re-hemming MB's pants) Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'm off, I think.
MB: Sweet.
Me: Hey baby, can you let the dog out?
MB: (voice trailing as he heads out the door) Sorry, can't...Be back later. Love yo...
Me: Grrrrrr.

Details aren't important. What you need to know is that I have now played D&D. Twice. I even bought dice. They are purple and sparkly, but they are still dice.

For those who aren't familiar with the game, let me give you a little tutorial. You see, it's a fantasy game in which you develop a character with all sorts of traits, skills and feats. I'm a Deva Invoker. I still don't really know what that means, but it sounds pretty cool. So, you basically all have characters and you act out the challenge as the Dungeon Master relays it to you.
God, it sounds really nerdy. Wtf?! Who am I?!

I'm not sure what's happening to me, people. I don't know if I'm being turned into a nerd or not.
Here's how I choose to look at it though - I'm not being nerded up. I'm bringing some Diva (get it?) to D&D. My presence is bringing just a little extra coolness to the table.

MB says that isn't possible since I am anything but cool. I'm throwing dice at him.

Now that my secret is out there, I feel a little bit better. I even feel comfortable enough to say that I kind of had fun. I mean, it's not fun in the sense that I want to get the girls together and go play D&D while we down margaritas, woohoo, kind of fun. Not like that. But, it's not bad.

We aren't playing with basement ridden pimply virgins whose moms bring us doodads and lemonade (that would be sweet, though - I love snacks). We are playing with super nice people who are fun to be around. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's just a little QT I get to spend with my cutie (MB hates when I say that). I also made him promise me he'd knock me up or get me a puppy in exchange. I think it's fair.

3 comments:

  1. "QT with your cutie" - definitely a keeper phrase (if only just to make him squirm).

    Have an award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a WoW widow (not to mention the plethora of Xbox games... ). Chebbar tries valiantly to convince me to try WoW, but so far I've resisted. I will play Rock Band, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GunDiva - It is my favorite phrase. Definitely makes MB squirm!

    Chibi - MB has tried to get me to play WoW too. I refuse to get sucked in. Life can be hard for us gaming widows!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...