analytics

Saturday, February 13, 2010

MB and VD

In a never-ending attempt to rile me up (for some reason, this brings him great joy), MB enters into yet another romantic exchange with me this morning:

MB: We are in an open relationship.
Me: We are not.
MB: You're right. It's half open. I'm open and you are closed.
Me: Grrr. We are not in an open relationship.
MB: You can't just say that. We have to discuss it and agree on it.
Me: Okay. Here's the discussion. We are not in an open relationship. We are with each other. That's it.
MB: That's stupid. What do I get out of it?
Me: Me. You get me. (twirling to show off the goods)
MB: (taking way too long to answer and appearing to contemplate his options before committing to an answer) Oh right. Yay?
Me: Grrr.
MB: Just think of it this way. Do you want to eat meatloaf every day for the rest of your life?
Me: But, I'm not meatloaf. I'm filet mignon.
MB: Well...maybe new york strip. At best.
Me: Grrr.
MB: Like the butcher's special that's $1.25 and sort of green already.
Me: Grrr.
MB: Happy bullshit holiday that isn't really a holiday and no one really cares about!
Me: Whatever. Where are the chips?

*I have decided to surgically attach myself to MB in an effort to prevent him from engaging in any shenanigans that will give me whore cooties. I just can't decide where to attach myself because I don't want him to see me pee and I still want us to have relations. This is going to require some research. And maybe some test runs. I need to go load the staple gun.

**For the record, MB is really sweet and a wonderful guy. He just happens to have a twisted sense of humor. And no real understanding of the concept of romance.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, the butcher's special comment totally deserved a gentle boot to the head.

    But hubs has a great sense of humour.

    Good luck with your research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have something for you over at my place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least he has a sense of humor! And you didn't murder him, that's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as I always say - looks fade, but a sense of humor will have you laughing 50 ears down the road.

    I do kinda agree with him on the V-day comment, though..... I hate v-day....

    ReplyDelete
  5. He definitely keeps me laughing! My life would be so boring without his antics.
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Always glad to see some new readers stopping by too. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MB! My new husband introduces me as the starter wife. He and MB would get along. Love ur blog! Can't wait to slip whore cooties into everyday conversation. J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...