analytics

Monday, December 28, 2009

Snuggie high.

I'm pretty sure Snuggies are laced with Ecstasy.
I knew I was getting one. I called it as soon as the commercials began.

Was I right? You betcha.
I even lucked out and got a pink one. Not just any pink. Cotton Candy pink. Well, more like Pepto Bismol really. Cotton Candy just sounds like more fun.

Yay! Cotton Candy Snuggies!
See? More fun.

I figured I would use the Snuggie at least once. Just to see what the fuss was all about.
After all, I really do struggle with a regular blanket. It's so restricting. I can't even do what other people are doing. I just sit there like a jackass, all bound up, wishing I could move about freely.
(sigh)

But, now I have the Snuggie.
Yay!

The joy began as soon as I took it out of the box.
And by joy, I mean laughter. Hysterical laughter. The kind of hysterical laughter that makes me cry and hyperventilate.

I can't explain it. The Snuggie just produces overwhelming feelings of repulsion, disgust, intrigue, humiliation and curiosity that can only be expressed with hysterical laughter.

Seriously, I could not stop laughing for hours. It was really fun. So much fun that I couldn't even stop laughing to take the thing off. I had to keep wearing it because I was having a blast. I was completely smitten with the Snuggie.
What I now call 'Snuggie drunk'.

I wanted to hate it. Truth be told, I do hate it. I think it's the stupidest thing ever. It actually stinks a little, too. It's an undefinable odor. What I would imagine is the odor of shame.
It's probably just some sort of mind control gas. Why else would one keep putting this contraption on. Again and again.

Seriously, I can't stop wearing it.
I hate it. It stinks. It's way too long and will probably result in my death when I trip over it. I feel like an asshole.
But, I keep putting it on.
Wtf?!

Those Snuggie making bastards are geniuses.
Don't be surprised when there is an army of Snuggie wearing pod-people at your door. They will be doing the bidding of their makers. Whatever that could be. I don't want to think about it.
I'll just ready myself for the pods. I'm sewing ammo pockets into my Snuggie.

And snack pockets. That's the one thing I feel the Snuggie is missing. Oh, and dignity. That too.

1 comment:

  1. Chebbar had been threatening to get me a Snuggie for Christmas for MONTHS, mostly to make me shriek in denial.

    After reading your account, I'm kinda sad he didn't follow through... hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...