I've been trying all night to think of something to blog about. My little mind is racing with so much garbage, I can't even sort through it.
I've got Mom's voice in there giving me a guilt trip for not being there for Christmas Eve. I've got MB's voice bah-humbugging that Christmas is cancelled. MB's voice is also taunting that he totally knows where I hid his gift.
He's also taunting that he hid my gift in the spider-filled cubby under the stairs. If so much as one spider crawls out of my gift, he's getting socks for Christmas. Seriously.
I've got the chocolate chip cookies on the counter calling my name. I am so close to giving in to them. They have such a lovely voice. So sweet and lilting, like little chocolate angels. "Eat me and all your troubles will go away."
I'm not falling for it. That's the same thing beer says to me and then I'm getting kicked off the stage because my 'C' in the YMCA is a little too stumbly. Whatever.
I'll be okay. It's my Christmas psychosis/ocd acting up and telling me that I can do everything and it will be perfect and it must be perfect and everyone must be happy and I must do whatever they want me to do in order to make them happy, my own wants be damned.
Anyone else suffer from this super hero syndrome during the holidays? And how do you cope with it? All I can come up with is eating. And boozing. Neither of which helps me become less fat.
Speaking of that, I have completely avoided the scale this week. I wanted to look, I really did. I just didn't want to have a complete breakdown. I'm already on the verge of insanity. I actually thought about giving the hoarder's cat a french fry today. Wtf?!
I need to regain control. I don't see it happening until after Christmas though.
In the meantime, I think I will focus on something entirely different.
Kaitlin over at Everyday Grace shared a little award with me. (Thank you, Kaitlin. You are too kind.)
I can't seem to access the actual award since I'm at work and it's restricted. I can't access Netflix, but I can access email@example.com Makes sense to me! Stupid Big Brother.
The rules of the award are that you have to list 10 things that make you happy and 5 blogs that make you happy. This is the perfect distraction for me today. I really need to focus on the positive before someone gets hurt. So, here goes...
10 Things that make me happy:
1. MB. He sometimes gets a bad reputation in the blog, but he's truly wonderful. I love him dearly and can't imagine my life without him.
2. My pup. Her little face and her comical personality bring me such joy.
3. Fuzzy slippers. MB appreciates these too because my feet are apparently ice cold at all times.
4. Chivalry. Nothing makes me smile like a gentleman who holds the door for me. That little gesture of old-fashioned kindness means so much to me.
5. Bluegrass music. (don't judge) When I am in a lousy mood, a little pickin' goes a long way to lift my spirits.
6. Reconnecting with old friends and finding that you are able to pick up right where you left off.
7. A really good horror movie. The kind where you have to leave a light on when you go to bed.
8. A great book. I recently read A Touch of Panic by Laurali Wright and it was the best book I've read in a really long time.
9. Finishing the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle without googling anything. It happens sometimes.
10. The beach. My toes in the sand. The sun in the sky. The waves crashing on the shore. The salt air in my lungs. It's good for the soul.
That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Wow!
Now, here are 5 blogs that make me happy:
1. MrsFatass at Did I Just Eat That Out Loud? She is such a good writer. Very funny. I love reading her stuff.
2. Amanda at Martinis or Diaper-Genies? Hilarious. That's all I can say.
3. Jack Sh*t, Gettin'Fit He is absolutely hilarious and so motivational. He's quite a lyricist also.
4. LiLu at Live it, Love it. She makes me laugh every time. I love her style and her sense of humor.
5. Erin at the xxl-files. Cracks me up. And her progress is inspirational.
I really appreciate all of the support from my fellow HYC'ers. I also appreciate the support of everyone who is reading Girly Bitz. It's nice to know you are out there. :) Feel free to share your comments, rantings, etc. I love to read them. I added my gmail address on the site also. Feel free to message me there.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Best wishes for a stress-free holiday!! If you can't have a stress-free one, I hope there are plenty of booze!