analytics

Monday, March 28, 2011

Do not look directly into the uterus.

I've recently discovered that I'm a total prude.

When it comes to other people's girly bits, anyway.

You see, there is this trend on facebook that has become extremely disturbing to me. I'm sure you've seen it. Hell, you may have even done it. It's totally okay if you have, by the way. I'm not judging.

I'll just be gagging in the corner, repeatedly saying 'eww' and ignoring your posts until you choose to post something less...vaginal.

I'm talking about the posting of sonogram pictures.

I understand that it's a picture of your future offspring and you're proud and excited and you want to share that with all of your friends, family, exes, guys who dumped you in middle school but now find you worthy of virtual stalking, that crazy cousin who always gets drunk at the family reunion, all those girls who teased you about being a dork in high school but are now your bffs because you both 'like' RHONY.

But, seriously...it's a picture of your uterus.

I have a problem with that. When I go out for beers with you (I hear it's good for the baby), I don't want to have that picture in my head.

It's awfully hard for me to fake small talk when I've seen your inner bits.

I'm a visual thinker, people.

Remember that time I had an ultrasound? The sadistic tech lady stuck a camera wand into my inner bits and took a lot of lovely pictures. No, there wasn't a baby up there, but I was proud and excited by the outcome of that ultrasound.

You know, no tumors or tapeworms or whatnot.

Did I post it on facebook? No.

If I ever have a bun in the oven, will I post sonogram pictures on facebook? No.

My inner bits are only to be seen by certain people.

That guy who works with MB at the firehouse and keeps 'poking' me because it annoys MB will not be one of them.

So, what do you think about this? Am I way off base with my prudish mindset?

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you've convinced me not to run the colonoscopy vlog I was planning for tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google RHONY to figure out what you were talking about. I consider that a personal victory :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah... i don't mind the sonograms of babies that people share.
    Now, what Jack is talkin' bout... talk about your ick. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...